Youth Health Clinic
The Youth Health Clinic is located in our offices at 24 Lawrence Street Gympie. The following services are available to young people:
- Free Doctor Service: Dr Kit – visiting fortnightly every second Monday – appointments essential, phone our office on 54826188.
- Sexual Health Youth Worker: Georgie is available on Mondays in an outreach capacity and on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the office. Free sexual health screening and education. Appointments not necessary.
- Psychological Services: Bulk Billed with a Mental Health Care Plan.
- Carmen Southam has a youth work background and specialises in personality disorders. Carmen is available at the Youth Service on Thursdays. Call Carmen to make an appointment: 0457 326 997
We offer support, information, advice, referrals and resources on a range of sexual health topics including:
- Contraception (The Pill, Implanon, Condoms and loads more)
- Emergency Contraception (Morning After Pill)
- Healthy Relationships
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s)
- Unplanned Pregnancy
- Pap Smears
- Pregnancy Tests
- Chlamydia Tests