The Community Action Council Pensioner Units Program
Provides long term affordable housing to aged pensioners in the outer regions of the Gympie Local Government Area. Housing is provided in Imbil, Kandanga, Tin Can Bay, Kilkivan and Goomeri.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Singles or couples who are aged 55 and above, who are in receipt of a government pension.
- Preference for residency in the units will be given to pensioners currently residing in the Gympie Region.
- Preference for the Imbil units will be given to returned service men and women.
Eligible applicants are required to complete a Pensioner Units Application Form. A waitlist of eligible applicants will be prioritised according to the following criteria:
- Currently residing in the Gympie Local Government Area
- Moderate/high support needs prioritised over those with lower support needs
- Preference for the Imbil units given to returned service men and women.
Forward completed Application Forms to:
- Community Action Housing Service, 22 Nash Street, Gympie, Qld 4570; or
- via email to: email@example.com
How Rent is Calculated:
Rent for the Council Pensioner Units Program is fixed by the Gympie Regional Council at a set weekly rate. The rent rate is reviewed annually – tenant’s will be provided with a minimum of two (2) months’ notice of any rental increase.
Community Action – Housing Service charges a rental bond equivalent to four weeks rent payable prior to commencement of your tenancy. You may be eligible for a Bond Loan from the Department of Housing and Public Works. Please read the Bond Loans Factsheet for further information regarding Bond Loans. You can apply for a Bond Loan online here.