COVID-19 Update: The health and wellbeing of our clients, visitors, contractors and employees is of paramount importance. We are taking steps to minimise wherever possible any impacts on our clients, our services and operations. To comply with social distancing rules and minimise risk, most of our services are now being delivered over the phone.
Community Action – Housing Service
We are a Registered Housing Provider, providing affordable, appropriate housing options to achieve the best outcomes for our clients. Currently, 155 units of accommodation are offered ranging from transitional/medium term to long term tenancies, including studio units, units/duplexes and houses.
Community Action – Housing Service provides community housing consisting of five programs:-
- Community Rent Scheme – providing transitional community housing to persons on a low income who are in serious and immediate housing need;
- Long Term Housing Program – providing affordable and secure community housing as an alternative to Public Housing;
- Community Managed Studio Units – providing transitional/long term community housing to singles and couples;
- Same House Different Landlord Program – providing supported transitional tenancies to young people;
- Council Pensioner Units Program – providing long term affordable housing to people on aged pensions in Imbil, Kandanga, Tin Can Bay, Kilkivan and Goomeri.
Click here to view a copy of the Housing Service Client Service Charter.
Are you homeless or need emergency housing?
Contact the Homeless Persons Information Line for assistance: 1800 474 753
Contact the Tenants Qld Advice Service: 1300 744 263
Contact us by Phone:
Monday – Friday
Ph: (07) 5482 8959
Fax: (07) 5483 7602
Visit the Office:
22 Nash Street Gympie Qld 4570
Monday – Friday
9am – 2.30pm